The following core truths provide the foundation for our curriculum units and Bible stories. They lead children through a progression from Wonder to Discovery to Journey to Passion, creating a "common thread" or continuum for our children's spiritual formation. (Click on the headings for printable files.)
- God made me.
- Jesus loves me.
- The Spirit is always with me.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- Jesus shows me the wise choice.
- The Spirit helps me treat others the way I want to be treated
- We can embrace God's unconditional love.
- We can follow Jesus, who knows us better than we know ourselves.
- With the Spirit, we can live out God's Story.
- We are created to pursue an authentic relationship with God.
- We belong to Jesus and define who we are by what he says.
- When we are filled by the Spirit, we can join God's work among us.
- May you grow in the understanding of God's love for you.
- May you see, hear, and touch the world as Jesus does.
- May your heart learn to hear the Spirit's voice.
It is our hope that the 3 Basic Prayers will serve as discipleship tools at home for those tiniest disciples among us. Parents are encouraged to pray over their children during normal, everyday routines.