The following core truths provide the foundation for our curriculum units and Bible stories. They lead children through a progression from Wonder to Discovery to Journey to Passion, creating a "common thread" or continuum for our children's spiritual formation. (Click on the headings for printable files.)
- God made me.
- God loves me.
- Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated
3 Basic Truths for Middle School Youth: Journey
- I will love God because God will never stop loving me.
- I will follow Jesus because he knows me better than I know myself.
- I will live out God's story so others can know who Jesus is.
- I am created to pursue an authentic relationship with my Creator.
- I belong to Jesus and define who I am by what he says.
- I exist every day to demonstrate God's love to a broken world.
- May you grow in the understanding of God's love for you.
- May you see, hear, and touch the world as Jesus does.
- May your heart learn to hear the Spirit's voice.
It is our hope that the 3 Basic Prayers will serve as discipleship tools at home for those tiniest disciples among us. Parents are encouraged to pray over their children during normal, everyday routines.